Get started - How to begin your custom piece
We are a two man team, husband and wife, Caelen and Samantha Bird. Samantha is your personal designer, diamond hunter, and jewelry educator. We hear your story, listen to your ideas, and make beauty happen. Samantha works one on one with you via email to show you options, ideas, mockups of work, walking you through the process. Once we get started, Samantha does the ordering for anything we need for your piece(s), and the order is handed over to husband Caelen. Caelen finishes the work - stone setting, metal work, and finally shipping your order safely and securely. Caelen and Samantha know you by name, and maybe even discuss how pretty your piece will be during dinner.
How we begin
Simply begin by getting in touch with your personal designer (thats me, Samantha) by filling out our custom inquiry form. In the form, you give me a general idea to start as to what you like and a price range you are thinking. We can start from scratch from there. You can also send me drawings, screen shots, links, a pinterest account to get a feel for her style, or other visuals and descriptions. From there, I will be walking you through the process from beginning to end, listening to your ideas and guiding you through your options.
Total time: usually 2.5 to 6 weeks
1. Discuss via email your custom piece ideas
2. Pick your diamond(s) and / or gems, metals, styles
3. Get visuals of the work to be done and mockups if possible, final decisions made
4. Payment via secure servers through Credit/Debit cards, or PayPal - we invoice you through our website with a link to pay.
5. We get started! We order your metals, supplies, and create the piece
6. Receive images of the completed piece if requested
7. We send with insurance + tracking + delivery confirmation with signature
8. We give 10% or more of the profit to carefully chosen charities.
9. Tag us in a picture of your new favorite jewelry! #MidwinterCoMoments is a hashtag we use for special gifting and self-gifting moments. We share in your joy by congratulating you, sending our love, and sharing your photos.