Anna - Antique old mine cut .5 carat diamond in 14k yellow gold brushed setting
This is a stunningly clear and bright antique diamond that we re-mounted into one of our settings that shows off it's brilliance with the most light possible.
One of a kind, Anna is ready to ship after we size it to your preferred size. Want the diamond but want to discuss a different setting? We're open to customization requests!
Anna is a half carat old mine cut diamond. "An old mine cut diamond evokes the past, when diamonds were measured by eye and cut by hand, so this historic diamond cut is a great choice if you’re looking for an engagement ring with antique or vintage qualities.
Early diamond cutters (today known as bruters) shaped old mine cut diamonds by following the octahedral shape of the diamond crystal, laboriously grinding two diamonds together to achieve the desired shape, and a diamond polisher then polished the facets. Due to the shape of the rough and because the diamonds were hand crafted, dimensions varied from stone to stone. This made every old mine cut diamond unique, or put poetically, have its own personality." - GIA
- 1/2 (half) carat
- G-H color, bright white against skin tone
- No black or white inclusions, reflects light and color around it
- si1 clarity, no inclusions seen with the naked eye
- Old mine cut, round
- Natural, not enhanced
- Video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRWblAMB31w/?taken-by=midwinterco
- 14k solid yellow gold
- Diamond sits 5mm high in a basket setting, allowing the most light, for maximum shimmer.
- 4 prong
- Brushed texture (we can polish this or give it a hammered texture upon request at checkout)
- Sized to your custom size.
- We set this into this setting in studio, but if you are open to discussing a different setting, we are open to customization. Get in touch! Let us know you want to start with the Anna diamond.
There is only one Anna, this is the only piece we have like this, it is one of a kind. Once this sells, we can try and find something similar, but we cannot guarantee this price.
This ring falls under our Custom Work policies.