Dark Black Blue Moissanite Solitaire Ring in your choice of metal
Moissanite was initially discovered in 1893 by a French scientist named Henri Moissan, known for winning a Nobel Prize. He discovered genuine Moissanite inside of a crater in Arizona that was created by a meteorite. When he discovered it, he thought he found diamonds, but later found that it was made of silicon carbide.
Refractive Index (Brilliance): 2.65 | Diamonds: 2.40
Dispersion (Fire): 1.04 | Diamonds: .044
Hardness: 9.5/10 | Diamonds 10/10
Natural Moissanite is very very rare on earth, so we must offer Lab Grown Moissanite, which is grown from the same natural materials the original genuine stones were made from. The They are engineered to shimmer and shine with extreme fire, but scientifically they are unlike a diamond. Moissanite is the only man made stone that we will work with, because of the unique properties and they’re absolutely conflict free.
These stones are not 'fake diamonds' at all. They are appreciated as an alternative, as their own special type of stone. The type of fire and brilliance is unmatched by even the best diamonds on earth because they shimmer rainbow tones, and have a higher refractive index. They have natural inclusions similar to all gemstones on earth because they are indeed all uniquely grown.
About this stone:
- Shape/Cut: Round Brilliant
- Cut grade: Very good
- Carat weight: .70, estimated. We purchase these based on 6mm diameter size, very slight differences in their depth could range from .65-80 carat total.
- Color: Black
- Secondary Color: Rainbow colors in the fire / shimmer - greens, teals, blues, yellows, browns
- Width: 6mm
- Clarity: Extreme clarity, vvs2 to si1, no inclusions seen with the naked eye.
About this setting:
- Pointed prong tips. Optional: please let us know if you do not want the pointed prong tips in the note box at the cart during checkout, and we will create rounded prongs for your piece.
- Casted in 14k gold. Contact us for Platinum, or 18k gold.
- Any additional customizations upon request require $400 fee for time + new mold.
- Casting and setting time: 2 weeks.
- 1.7mm band
- Size of your choice. Please leave this information in the notes box at checkout. If you do not have the size, just let us know that you'll get that to us soon after your purchase for timely completion.
- Click to see more examples of Elle.
Want a different setting?
Add this stone to your cart.
Request a FREE ring sizer
Warranty, Policies, and Returns/Exchange Info