Fun & Shopping
Short visit (1-2 hours)
- Brandywine River Museum - A focus on the incredible Wyeth family's art, beautiful river based location. 20 min drive north. Directions.
- Delaware Art Museum - British Pre-Raphaelite art, works by Wilmington-native Howard Pyle & more. Has a cute sculpture park in the back. Only a few blocks away - 4 min drive. Directions.
- Riverwalk, Beer Garden, + Nature Preserve - Walk our boardwalk, hit the beer garden, see a movie, and see the Russell W. Peterson Urban Wildlife Refuge. This is just a general area near the river with things to do and restaurants. 8-10 min drive. Parking: Directions.
- Terrain - Incredible farm to table local place, run by the owners of Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters. Also has a large garden and gift boutique for shopping and inspiration! 24 min drive north WORTH IT. Directions.
- Brandywine View Antiques - Shop many vendors all in one place. Has amazing rustic and salvage! This is close to Longwood Gardens if you're heading that way! 23 min north. Directions.
All-day fun (2+ hours)
Longwood Gardens - Dazzling gardens and fountains that elevate the art of horticulture, by Pierre DuPont in the 1920s. Also has indoor garden and restaurant. 23 min Drive north. Directions.
- Winterthur Museum & Gardens - Henry DuPont's childhood home and beautiful gardens. 13 min drive north. Directions.
- Christiana Mall - All your favorite shops including Nordstrom, Sephora, Apple, and Urban Outfitters. Tax Free Shopping! 20 min south. Directions.
Quick Close-by Eats
- El Diablo - Fresh Burritos and amazing salads. Don't even move your car. It is just down stairs! Directions.